Good Morning Snore Solution Reviews: Will it stop your snoring?
Our team did the research and testing – find out all the details about the effectiveness of the anti-snoring GMSS device
Is snoring keeping you awake at night? Beyond the cliché of sleepless spouses, snoring can leave deep marks on your health and quality of life. It is widespread as well, with almost half of adults snoring occasionally and 25% snoring regularly.
Severe chronic snoring cases often fall within the category of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), a serious condition requiring specialized treatment. But where does that leave the run-of-the-mill snorer? Until recently, snoring relief didn’t go far beyond special pillows, bulky retainers, and questionable nasal strips.
Good Morning Snore Solution, on the other hand, offers an evidence-based, scientifically tested device for those who don’t need medical treatment but need a quiet night’s rest. Can its quirky “tongue stabilizer” really bring you peaceful sleep? Keep reading to find out.
- Addresses the most common cause of snoring
- Evidence confirms its effectiveness for many snorers
- Ready to use (no boiling, imprinting, or shaping needed)
- Can be used by people with dentures or without teeth
- Made from BPA-free materials that are easy to clean
- 30-Day satisfaction guarantee
- Not appropriate for sleep apnea, asthma, or COPD
- Can be uncomfortable in the beginning
- Can cause excessive drooling
Good Morning Snore Solution provides devices that have been proven to work for many snorers.
It isn’t suitable for people with certain conditions like obstructive sleep apnea or COPD. However, for approximately 80% of snorers, GMSS could be your perfect, low-cost solution. A 30-day satisfaction guarantee protects you while you try it for yourself.
We extensively test each health service we review. We try our best to give you, our readers, an unbiased exploration of at-home health services, free of marketing jargon or gimmicks. We evaluate the service based on our adherence to quality, the latest medical evidence and health standards, and a simple question: would we buy the product or service ourselves if it weren’t part of our job, and would we recommend it to family and friends?
Additionally, this review of Good Morning Snore Solution, like all health-related content on this website, was thoroughly vetted by one or more members of our Medical Review Board for accuracy.
What happens when we snore?
To understand how Good Morning Snore Solution products work, we must first examine what causes snoring in the first place.
Snoring originates from the way our relaxed tissues and muscles vibrate as the air passes around them. When we’re awake, we are aware of our muscle tone enough to avoid this vibration. We also unconsciously adjust the positions of our necks and tongue to let air pass better.
On the other hand, while sleeping, we allow our tongues to go slack and our necks to bend. As air passes around our tonsils and tongue, it creates that rumbling sound that we call snoring.
What is Good Morning Snore Solution exactly?
Good Morning Snore Solution is a small, plastic mouth device for adults of all ages who have frequent but uncomplicated snoring. It comes in two sizes: a “Standard” and a “Young or Smaller Adult” one.
The GMSS device, as its creators often call it, is a specially shaped plastic mouthpiece that holds your tongue in place as you sleep. This action prevents the obstruction of air, and with it, any noise.
Good Morning Snore Solution makes its BPA-free GMSS devices from dental-grade plastic resin. Dentists often use this material for oral appliances because it is non-toxic, will resist a strong bite, and is easy to keep clean.
At first glance, the GMSS device looks a bit like an adult pacifier with a hollow bulb and a wide flange. On the inner side, you can see a small aperture behind the bulb.
- Before going to sleep, place the GMSS mouthpiece inside your mouth.
- Ensure the flange rests neatly between your lips and teeth, but keep the bulb outside.
- Squeeze the bulb with your fingers while sucking up all the air on the inside.
- Once the air has gone out, push the tip of your tongue inside the hole on the inner side of the mouthpiece.
- Now you can stop squeezing the bulb: this will create a void that will keep your tongue in place.
Adapting to the GMSS device
The company openly admits that your first few days using the device may be difficult. You’ll need to sleep on your side or back and breathe through your nose while wearing the mouthpiece. Some people report salivating a lot during the first couple of weeks. Others experience some mild soreness around the mouth and jaw.
The GMSS device is too large to be accidentally swallowed. If the flange rubs against your gums and causes canker sores, you may need a different size.
Caring for your GMSS device
As this device works mainly around your tongue, you won’t need to pre-shape it to fit your teeth. To clean it, just let it soak in a glass full of any certified cleaning solution. You can buy this solution at any drugstore or pharmacy, and anything that would be safe to use with retainers or sports mouth guards will do.
Avoid any hot water, sterilizing steam, or harsher cleaning products. These may weaken the plastic, which won’t let the suction hold.
If you are unsure whether this is the cause of your snoring, the Good Morning Snore Solution website has included a short video with instructions on testing yourself. This test involves trying to fake a snoring sound while sticking your tongue out, which is easy to do but feels rather silly.
The company also provides some scientific evidence to back up its device. Founder Dr. Leslie Dort published an article in the journal Sleep and Breathing that found tongue stabilizers were better at improving sleep quality than retainer models. This article was published in 2008 and was peer-reviewed, but naturally, the author had some vested interest in the outcome.
According to the creator, people who have had prior breathing conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma should also avoid using this device. Lastly, as this device requires you to breathe through your nose, people with chronic sinusitis or nasal allergies may have a more challenging time using it.
- The Good Morning Snore Solution Mouthpiece for $89.94 (available in “Standard” or “Young or Smaller Adult” sizes)
- The Good Morning Snore Solution Multi Pack consisting of two mouthpieces for $124.99 (available in “Standard” or “Young or Smaller Adult” sizes)
- The Good Morning Snore Solution Sizing Pack consisting of one mouthpiece for each size, for $124.94
HSA, FSA, or insurance coverage
The Good Morning Snore Solution does not treat any actual medical condition and does not apply to insurance coverage. The company does not accept HSA or FSA debit cards as a form of payment.
- Select your product. Regarding sizing, the “Young or Smaller Adult” version is slightly smaller and designed for people aged 18-26 who tend to have smaller mouths. Unfortunately, the company doesn’t offer any exact measurements or thresholds to determine the correct size ahead of time.
- Checkout. The rest of the ordering process is relatively simple. Just add your item(s) to your cart. You have the option to purchase a carrying case for $4.95 as an add-on. Upon checkout, you can pay with PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Shopify. Good Morning Snore Solution uses a flat fee of $9.95 for shipping and handling. However, the type of service included for this price will vary depending on your region.
- Await shipping. Within the U.S. and Canada, shipping takes 3-5 days through USPS First Class mail or Canada mail. Any packages to the U.K. or Continental Europe may take 5-10 days. You may need to wait between 10-15 days before your tongue stabilizer reaches your doorstep in Europe or the Asia Pacific region.
- Try out your new device. Follow the included instructions with your package for use. You can also find additional videos and other resources to assist you on the company’s website.
- Evaluate your satisfaction. If anything goes wrong, Good Morning Snore Solution provides fairly efficient customer service. The company also offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for any tongue stabilizers you buy. Just email customer service within 30 days from the date of delivery to kick-start the process. The company will issue an RMA code and the address of the closest return center. A customer service agent will then refund you within a week of receiving the returned package.
MPowrx Health and Wellness Products 2012 Inc. maintains the website for Good Morning Snore Solution. In its Privacy Statement, MPowrx commits to the security and confidentiality of its users’ personal information. Non-personally identifying information about you is gathered through cookies and other technology and used to improve the site and its products and services. All payments are encrypted and secure.
Quality: How well does the company deliver its core service(s) to the customer? For testing services, does the company adhere to the latest and most advanced testing technologies and achieve a very high degree of accuracy? For non-testing telehealth services, is the quality of the service high enough that we would recommend it to loved ones without hesitation? If not, why not?
User-friendly: How intuitive and user-friendly is the service? Does the device, program, app, or website achieve a good degree of user-friendliness for its customers?
Value: Are you getting your money’s worth? Are there any hidden costs or charges? Does the company offer discounts?
Privacy: If health data is stored, will your data be stored securely? Are payments secure?
Customer support: Particularly in situations where ‘one size fits all’ doesn’t make sense, how well does the company help to make the service ideal for you?